At WilsonBrown your privacy is important to us and this policy describes how we handle “personal information” collected from job seekers, clients, referees and suppliers.
We are committed to managing all personal and sensitive information in accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act of 2012, and the Privacy Act of 1988 to ensure the confidentiality of this information.
We only collect personal and sensitive information which is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably apparent, or reasonably ascertainable from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information encompasses information including health information and information about a person’s race, ethnicity, political opinion, religious and philosophical belief, sexual preferences and criminal history.
We may collect personal or sensitive information about you which may include:
- Your name and contact details including your address and telephone numbers
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Information in your cover letter, resume including your skills, qualifications, work history, references, goals and interests
- Details of your work rights in Australia and other countries
- Your tax file number and superannuation details
- Your actual and possible work placement
- Information documenting your work history placement with or through us (including letters of appointment, records of salary adjustments, work performance information, salary sacrifice documents and sick leave taken)
- Results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, Professional associations or registration body
- Test or assessment results conducted by us or other parties
- The results of police checks or other background checks
- Medical reviews or assessments of you
- Salary/hourly rate expectations held by you
- Current job options that you may have
- Your availability to commence work with or through us
- Sensitive information that you consent to providing to us including health information, criminal convictions and union membership that you or your referee provide to us
- Other information that you, your Referees or our Clients provide to us, including opinions about you and notes of our interactions with you and/or others in relation to your suitability for work with or through us
- Information about you from public domain sources.
What will we use your personal and sensitive information for?
Your personal and sensitive information will be used in connection with:
- Your actual and possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail, email and/or SMS
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking criminal or other background reference checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
If you do not wish to give WilsonBrown the information we are requesting you can refuse to provide us with your personal (including sensitive) information. However if you refuse to provide us with this information, we may not be able to provide our services to you. For example, if you are Candidate we may not be able to consider your application for work with or through us.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal and Sensitive Information?
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing us to carry out the activities listed below:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of WilsonBrown
- WilsonBrown employees
- Our insurers
- Potential employers in Australian (and any other countries where WilsonBrown may provide its services) regarding possible work placements or to assist us in providing our services to you. Before WilsonBrown discloses your information for opportunities outside Australia, we will ask for your consent to the disclosure of the information in writing
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A workers compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Our contractors and suppliers.
We outsource a number of services to contracted service suppliers from time to time. Our service providers may see some of your personal information.
Typically our service providers would include:
- Software solutions providers
- I.T. contractors and database designers and Internet service suppliers
- Legal and other professional advisors
- Insurance brokers, loss assessorsand underwriters
- Superannuation fund managers
- Background checking and screening agents
- Providers of our online timesheet and payroll portal.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that terms of service with our Service Providers recognise that we are bound by obligations to protect the privacy of your personal information and that they will not do anything that would cause us to breach those obligations.
How do we hold and protect your personal information?
Personal information is held by us both electronically and in hard copy. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is safe and secure from unauthorised use and disclosure.
We enter your personal information into our secure online portal which is password protected, encrypted and has very limited access is granted to that information.
All current Candidate hard copy files are kept in the filing room or in our consultant’s work in progress files. All Candidates who receive placements through us will have their files archived in a secured storage area. Your personal information is securely destroyed by shredder when it is no longer needed or when it is out of date.
How do I make a complaint about privacy at WilsonBrown?
If you believe we have breached the Privacy Act or any of the Australian Privacy Principles or if you want to raise any issues you may have about privacy please contact our Privacy Officer on email@example.com
In making a complaint to us about privacy, please give us enough details to be able to identify your concerns so we are able to response appropriately. You must provide us with your name and contact details and a description of your complaint. We will respond to you in a reasonable time frame (usually not more than 30 days). If you are unhappy with how we handle the complaint you have a right to take the complaint to the Information Commissioner.